TEAM REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
Guidelines for Team Reps (By-Laws)
Team Reps are selected by the coaches of each team and are responsible for the following:
1. Maintain and obtain all required paperwork for each team member and provide to the coaches copies of the same as needed for tournaments and then return said paperwork to the Secretary at the end of the season: medical releases, player contracts, signed Code of Conduct, copies of birth certificates if needed, USAV registration numbers, verification of scorekeeper/referee certification.
2. Providing all team members with complete phone lists of players, coaches, etc.
3. Notifying all team members of practice schedules, tournament plans, cancellations and changes in the aforementioned plans, and all other information deemed essential by the coach.
4. The Representative will coordinate with the Coach to select tournaments. The Representative may suggest tournaments to the Coach; however, the Coach will have final say. Upon Coach’s approval, the Representative shall register the team and coordinate with the Treasurer to secure payment for said tournaments.
5. The Representative may pay for said tournament out of pocket and may then seek reimbursement from the Treasurer upon providing the tournament receipt. The Club will not be responsible for processing charges such as pay pal or credit card charges. Team Representatives will only be reimbursed the actual tournament fee.
6. Scheduling team parents to be present at each team event, tournament name, assist as needed and provide security.
7. Coordinate transportation, hotel, and food arrangements for all “away” tournaments. These travel plans should be confirmed by Tuesday evening before a weekend tournament.
8. The Team Representative will make hotel arrangement for the coaches. The Team Representative will coordinate with the team treasurer and submit expense information to the Treasurer to be reimbursed if the Team Representative pays for the coach’s hotel expenses. Team Representatives must comply with the Coach expense guidelines for reimbursement. The Treasurer will provide an annual expense guideline governing Coach Expenses.
9. Responsible for assuring that all players are fed during the road trip. Organizing on-site food supplies and procuring meals as needed for the players is the extent of the Rep’s responsibility. Each player/family is responsible for their share of cooler expense and will contribute to the cooler fund as needed.
10. Team Reps must be registered with OkVRA. Team Reps are responsible for their registration fee. Team Reps. will be required to submit a background screening throu OkRVA every two years. Failure to register with OkVRA will result in termination of duties.