As a Chaperone, I understand and take responsibility for the following:
1. As an assigned driver transporting players to and from an event, I will obey all traffic laws and will not take any driving risks that will place the players or me in a harmful situation. All players as well as myself will wear seatbelts while in the automobile.
2. If using my personal automobile for transporting players, I understand that I am responsible for any accidents or injuries to my automobile, myself or to the players. I agree to have automobile liability insurance in the amount of $300,000 or more covering the automobile I will use to transport players. I agree not to transport more players than my automobile has seatbelts for.
3. I will have a meeting with the players I am chaperoning to discuss the following:
a. Room accommodations - player responsibilities and conduct
c. Check-in requirements with you if the players are going to leave the hotel.
d. Review of departure times and team activity agenda times.
e. Alcohol, tobacco and illegal drug restrictions.
f. Team meals.
4. I will refrain from using alcoholic beverages while conducting my chaperone responsibilities. I will absolutely not drink and drive myself or any players while acting as a chaperone. If for any reason I feel impaired to chaperone, drive, or carry out any of my responsibilities I will personally contact the team coach or manager and advise him/her of my impairment.
5. I will do everything that is reasonable and prudent to insure the safety of myself and the players while performing any chaperone duties.
6. As a chaperone, I understand that I am working under the direction of the Club, Regional Volleyball Association, and USA Volleyball Association.